|After two seasons of playing at Jim Perry Stadium in Buies Creek(NC), the former California League franchise moved into a permanent new home in 2019 in Fayetteville.
- A small footprint in a downtown location allows the ballpark to feel pretty intimate.
- A full wraparound concourse gives fans plenty of room to wander and experience the game from different views. One of my favorite vantage points is this patio seating area in right field.
- The variety of seating options is very impressive. If you are looking for something different there are rockers in left field and these four-person tables along the 3rd base concourse.
- A good-sized playground for kids to burn off some energy is located in left field.
- A downtown location is always nice, but the ballpark is hidden because of the adjacent train station and a hulking parking garage being built directly in front of it. With only a single entrance, passersby will hardly notice the ballpark.
- Before you even get to the gates, security personnel are handing small baskets to all fans with no explanation. This seems like an odd first impression for a team to be making to fans. Making because of the proximity to Fort Bragg, these type of extreme security measures don't come as a surprise.
- Parking is not exactly close to the ballpark. While there is plenty within the downtown area, much of it is a 5-10 minute walk away.
Overall, Segra Stadium is a perfectly fine new ballpark, but one that lacks any memorable features. Hopefully it will have a better feel in a few years when the surrounding development is complete.